Monday, November 21, 2011

What is best way to smooth dead skin on leg ankle after cast has been removed?

I have been putting lotion on it after my shower, but skin gets flaky, like when after a sunburn, any advice?What is best way to smooth dead skin on leg ankle after cast has been removed?
sugar scrub. take 1/4 cup or so of sugar and add just enough water to form a paste. rub it on gently, leave it on for 5 minutes or so, then rinse it off. Works wonders on dry, cracked skin, too.





Follow up with aloe, from a plant if possible (it works best and isn't full of chemicals)What is best way to smooth dead skin on leg ankle after cast has been removed?
use an exfoliating scrub.
i had a operation on knee and had the same problem, i found using a liquid soap with aloe in it, i am sorry i forget the name of the one i had, and a loofah helped a lot.
When you go to bed at night, put a lot of Vaseline on it then put a big sock on and sleep that way. I learned it from an article Farrah Fawcett wrote many years ago. She did it every night on her feet and hands to keep them pretty and soft.
Your leg has been used to being in a cast and your skin has gotten used to the trapped sweat and moisture. I would say just leave it alone for a month (i.e. no lotion). just shower and wash it normally. You can try using a shower sponge, but I wouldn't get too rough with it either. This is what helped me after I got rid of my cast. Good luck!
moisturizing lotion
moisture and exfoliate --- purchase some type of cream product with an exfoliator. Don't be too hard on your skin or you can end up with a leg ulcer. Keep moisturizing, I would do it several times a day, the dead skin will eventually slough off.
Get your leg wet, and scrub real good with a brush, like one you would use on a cat (the soft bristles), and don't put so much lotion, because it won't let the skin naturally dry and fall off.
What I did is was scrub with a loofah, to get rid of most of the skin that was about to fall off then I used a body butter, cause it's not as greasy as lotion and I did this about... 3-4 times a day for 2-3 days, and it wasn't perfect but it was close enough that I could go to my boyfriends graduation in a skirt
You need to exfoliate. Try a loofah sponge or some St. Ives Apricot scrub in the shower and then moisturize.
take a shower..and rub hard with a towel
  • cool mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment