Friday, August 20, 2010

Dog has razor burn from grooming: What can I apply to his skin to give his very pink skin some relief?

He's so itchy and pink... he hardly has any hair left. Obviously, this is not what I asked the groomer to do, but it happened. Is there any relief for my pup?Dog has razor burn from grooming: What can I apply to his skin to give his very pink skin some relief?
I would recommend that you call your vet in the am- there are a couple of different things that they could give you for relief of clipper burn. If you let me know how much your dog weighs, I can give you a dose for benedryl for tonight to help relieve some of that itching. But do call your vet in the am.Dog has razor burn from grooming: What can I apply to his skin to give his very pink skin some relief?
It happened to me just 2 weeks ago. I called Petco, said they will pay for everything, so I took my dog to the Vet, she recommended a cream, and a Cone to avoid licking the infected area, got billed for $73 which Petco paid full in cash :) I've asked my vet for any recommendations for a new Groomer Report Abuse

Go to the store and get some pure Aloe Vera gel to put on her skin.Also,bathe her with an oatmeal shampoo once a week,and then go and slap the groomer upside the head and ask for your money back! The Benadryl suggestion is good,too.
You can use aloe vera gel or hot spot treatment and I advise you to go back to the groomer asap with the dog and complain to the salon manager and get your money back and then find a better groomer. Call your vet and ask what treatment you can also do at home as far as Benedryl (like the previous answer said). Good luck and hopefully your pup will feel better soon:%26gt;)
Ouch, poor baby. You can safely put some Bag Balm on it, it was originally made for milking cows, but works well on other animals dealing with itching and rashes and razor burn.





You can also add a teaspoonful of mineral oil or even olive oil to his food, this helps with itching and hot spots. Our vet recommends this for our pets.





You should check with your vet, a lot of times Benadryl can be safely given to dogs to cut down on the itchiness.


Hope your furbaby feels better and less itchy soon.
Do you have any aloe vera cream that you would use on a sunburn ??? Or even a lotion that doesn;t have a lot or perfume in it ' Solaircaine spray , anything that will keep the skin from drying out , Drying is what causes the itch , anything that you have to soothe sunburn will soothe his skin to but rub it in very good to avoid him from licking Use just a little bit so he doesn;t lick and get sick to his stomach . Let me know if this helps him ok
  • cool mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment