Saturday, July 24, 2010

What's a good bathtub cleaner to use that won't irritate a baby's skin?

My 9-month-old daughter has finally outgrown her baby tub, but before I switch her to the regular tub, I want to make sure that whatever I use to clean it is effective, but also non-irritating to her skin. Thanks for any advice!What's a good bathtub cleaner to use that won't irritate a baby's skin?
Sprinkle White vinegar in the tub followed by baking soda. It works like Scrubbing Bubbles minus the chemicals. It does stink, but it wears off fast.What's a good bathtub cleaner to use that won't irritate a baby's skin?
LOL, the three things I was going to recommend already got recommended!





I use vinegar to clean everything, then follow up with a little bit of lavender, mint or lemon oil to kill the smell. I usually use lavender and lemon in the bathroom though, it makes it smell so clean and fresh.





Also vinegar and baking soda work great in the toilet. And for cleaning your drain and metal fixtures. It's also a fun science experiment. You can also kill two birds with one stone and wash your fridge shelves when you scrub the tub. Add about three cups of vinegar to about 5 inches of hot bath water and let it sit for a little while. Then add some baking soda and scrub away! Hubby always make fun of me because I usually do it topless... I always end up soaking wet though. lol, I guess it is pretty funny...





And I love magic erasers. They work great on everything. Just don't let kids play with them. They can irritate their skin.
White vinegar...it disinfects and cleans nonporous surfaces as well as any household cleaner. Other benefits are that it's easy on the environment and won't fade, scratch or otherwise harm your tub like a harsh chemical cleaner could. Good luck!
Anything you can buy in a store will be fine as long as you rinse it off really well. Vinegar %26amp; lemon juice smell awful %26amp; don't kill bacteria or fungi. Comet or Ajax are cheap %26amp; work well. Just rinse them all the way off. I mean... you wash clothes %26amp; bottles in chemicals. Does your baby get sick from those? It's fine.





Mr. Clean magic erasers are AMAZING and very cheap (only like $1.60 for 2).
use hot water and bicarb to scrub using a brush then pour white vinegar over it.


the bicarb will take all the scum away and make it all white again, and the vinegar will disinfect it.
baking soda is a great and natural cleanser. Scrubs the scum away. Also another mommy mentioned this the other day...the Mr. Clean Erasers...I tried it...and WOW they work GREAT!! Squeeky clean and bright.








** when I read that about the erasers, I was like, I have to try that..I already knew they would work on many other things, but getting the tub that bright and no fumes...oh I was in heaven...took a bit more arm work, but its worth it.
I use Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day. It's all natural and has a very nice Lavender scent. It's very good.


I figure though as long as you rinse off very well whatever you use, it would be the same


*Magic Erasers in the tub do work wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment