Monday, July 26, 2010

Do you apply sunscreen before or after skin care?

I heard that you should apply Sunscreen with helioplex to bare skin, then put on other skin care products. But I have been prescribed an antibiotic lotion/gel for my acne. Will my antibiotic gel penetrate the sunscreen to help my acne, or will the helioplex not work when it doesn't touch bare skin?Do you apply sunscreen before or after skin care?
Can you use the antibiotic gel at night and use sunscreen during the day? I think that would be the best option. Otherwise I would put the antibiotic on first, give it a chance to dry a bit, then put on the sunscreen.


Some antibiotics can make your skin more prone to sun damage.


If you have concerns, you could always call your doctor or dermatologist. Do you apply sunscreen before or after skin care?
I would apply your acne treatment first, sunscreen last.
Before. 1, because it sinks in your skin and is more effective and 2, because it will smear any makeup that is underneath.





:)

No comments:

Post a Comment