Monday, July 26, 2010

How do you take care of your skin and hair in humid New york?

What kind of products do you use for skin and hair?How do you take care of your skin and hair in humid New york?
I LOVE the humid weather only because it works to the advantage of my hair! In this weather I rinse or co-wash daily sometimes 2X/day. I spritz with a leave-in before headingout into the sun and humidity and the grime that is NYC.





Skin- One very light coating of jojoba oil all from head to toe lasts the whole day! If I get a little dry I keep a light lotion in my purse. NO MAKEUP..whats the point? Lip gloss, clean face, great groomed eyebrows.How do you take care of your skin and hair in humid New york?
cleanser, astringent, scrub


whenever your at home keep your hair off your face
Well in order to answer better I would have to know your hair texture and skin type (dry, oily, combination) but I would say use something like John Freida Frizz-Eaze if you get frizzy or fly-away hair, and try to wear your hair up so it doesn't get as sweaty. I use the same face stuff year round, like the Biore heating mask or the new Garnier Fructisse detox cleanser but in the winter I use moisturizer too.
New York? With all the air pollution? You don't have humid air in New York you have stiffling air. Try living in the south and experience humid conditions. Humidity is good for your skin, it provides natural moisture.
put a hat on and don't look in a mirror
AC, 24/7. NOBODY looks good here unless they do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment