Saturday, July 24, 2010

Is there a way I can lose a significant amount of weight without having hanging skin?

I'm 30 and I have a large amount of weight to lose. I've already lost 40 pounds but I'm beginning to worry about sagging skin. I know resistance training with weights will help and crunches, etc., but what kinds of exercises and how long each day should I work out? Thanks.Is there a way I can lose a significant amount of weight without having hanging skin?
eat a high fiber diet and exercise 4 to 5 times week on strength training and free weight lifting that will build and tighten your muscles.Is there a way I can lose a significant amount of weight without having hanging skin?
From my biology/PE lessons;


You can ';tone up'; your body and look a lot fitter and healthier, but you will be still roughly the same size... only with more firmness and tone. Even skinny people can be un-toned, with flabby arms. Toning is important to keep the shape and definition of your body.





Basic fact: Dropping a tonne of weight in one go will always have sagging skin as you grow older and older. Skin is elastic, but only to a certain extent! Therefore, dropping weight at a slower rate will help reduce hanging skin.





Unknown theorys:


my ex boyfriend said that swimming in pools with the chlorine and hanging out in the sun really stretches your skin out and re shapes it over your muscles (kinda like dunking a piece of cloth in hot water and wrapping it around something again)





my korean friend said that soaking in a hot tub of water for 30 minutes a day will help you loose weight and do wonders for the skin.


This I would research on a bit more before trying!





Keep eating healthy foods (obviously)





Buying creams and what not rarely work. If it did, everyone would use it. You could try exfoliation to make the skin look smoother and wrinkle free though.


Take care of products which say they can reduce ';UP TO'; a certain amount, or ';MAY'; reduce';.... this is just another way of saying ';we cant do anything.';





:P


hope that helps a bit.


the way I see it is, you either tone up or drop weight. and if you're lucky, you wont have hanging skin. Just find the right balance in between!





edit:


to the other answerer who said to eat fibre and ya dida about muscles - muscle is not skin, skin is not muscle. You could have a super fit body and still have flab slapped on top :P





good luck!
Great Job Jennygirl !!!! I know a great book to check out would be Body for Life. They have great workouts in there and tell you everything you need to know !!! I myself am trying to lose weight. How did you lose your 40 pounds ??





:)
if you want to build muscles to make more full and not sagging you can try Vitager. it's all natural and you only have yo take a capsule everyday. muscles will burn fat too.
as long as you arent losing a significant amount too fast you shouldnt have to worry about sagging skin at your age.





I would do 30-45 minutes of toning 4-5 times a week... do you belong to a gym? if so see if you can get a consult with a trainer and they should be able to point you in the right direction of what exactly to do. Great job on losing the 40 pounds by the way!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment