Monday, July 26, 2010

How do you get a nice even skin tone?

I have noticed that as I get older my skin has lost it's nice even tone, my face now is quite red through the cheeks (looks like I have been out in the wind too much ) anything that might even that out ?How do you get a nice even skin tone?
I have the same problem (and also briefly thought it might be rosacea -- your dermatologist can tell you if it is). Turns out I'm just a bit ruddy complected. I have found it helps to drink about ten glasses of water a day and keep skin super-hydrated with a very good moisturizer (Laura Mercier's Perfecting Water is a miracle -- put on under moisturizer). Also, avoid harsh exfoliants. Exfoliating, of course, helps keep skin bright, but can enhance redness. Do it gently -- preferably with a mild chemical exfoliant rather than something with harsh scrubby bits.How do you get a nice even skin tone?
Try Eucerin's Redness Relief products or Aveeno's Ultra Calming products.


http://eucerinus.com/products/face_err_a鈥?/a>


http://aveeno.com/products.jsp





If one of these brands don't help you, see a dermatologist because you might have rosacea.


http://www.rosacea.org/index.php


http://www.medicinenet.com/rosacea/artic鈥?/a>
Bare Minerals. I use it, everytime I do, my friends say boy you are looking good girlfriend-it's worth the price.
Use sunscreen specially made for the face. Or use a mosturizer with an SPF. I use Clean and Clear oxygenating face mosturizer. It has an SPF15 and it really helps my skin even out its tone. Nuetrogena is also a good brand that makes makeup that also helps your skin! So that way you can cover it up and fix it at the same time!
use concealer that suits your skin tone
physicians formula- miracle working stuff
Exfoliate often! Apricot scrub works great for me. Depending on how old you are and on your budget, you may want to try a peel at a spa (they have different kinds for different needs). Also, they have a skin color enhancing cream at Bloomingdales (I forgot the name of it). It's pretty expensive, about $119, but I heard it works wonders!!

No comments:

Post a Comment