Saturday, July 24, 2010

How does a white ink tatoo look on your wrist if you have fair skin?

I have fair skin that tans easily. i've always wanted a white ink tatoo on my wrist. i was wondering does anyone have one? i've heard that they dont look good with fair skin.How does a white ink tatoo look on your wrist if you have fair skin?
I'm fair skinned and a part of my tatt was supposed to be white. My tattoo artist told me it wouldn't show up very well on my fair skin and we discussed alternatives to figure out what would work. We eventually agreed that he would do the white area but add in shading in a sort of grayish tone to define it. While it's not a pure white, it gives the impression of being white and shows up well. I'm glad I took his advice.How does a white ink tatoo look on your wrist if you have fair skin?
won't show well at all don't waste your $ or time
I have two friends with white ink tattoos and they show up mostly on the one who is more fair. She has it on the underside of her wrist. My other friend has native-american in her and she has them touched up every 2-3 years. If you know they are there you can see them, otherwise they blend in.


I'm fairer than both of these girls and white doesn't show up at all on me. I had some white cherry blossoms dones and as soon as it healed they were gone.....I had my tattoo artist re-do them. they're purple now.
Lindsay Lohan has one on her inner wrist and she's naturally fair. I thought it looked good on her. Since its white ink, you can only see it if you pay attention. So it really depends on whether you want the tattoo to be personal or for show.
White ink won't show up very much... but it is up to you. Some places won't even DO completely white tattoos...
White looks fine, but usually in compliment to some sort of outline, etc. Be aware that it is more difficult to apply and maintain so not only will you need touch-ups, the initial application will be more lengthy than with a different color. I have fair skin and have a lot of white in the tattoo on my back, it took a lot of ';going over'; when I had it done and was by far the most painful part of the tattooing.
I don't know too much about white ink tattoos, but when I was looking at tattoo ideas a few months ago I remember coming across a question about white ink. The poster asked if anyone could tell them about white ink tattoos and this was a part of one answer:





';I had one done on myself about 7ish yrs ago,and have had it gone over again twice since to brighten it up. I've done quite a few on people,so ill share..


not everyone holds white ink. each individual heals differently.


some don't hold white at all. for starters the artist needs to use top quality white, not a white made for mixing w/ other colors.


and needs to make sure to rinse the tube every so often, so the ink stays true white. I'd recommend a simpler design, easier to distinguish, in a place not subject to the elements. if in the sun a lot it could turn dull (my white tat is behind my ear) and yes, most people think it is a brand.


oh yeah, it's gonna look weird when its healing, and get used to people asking ';so when you gonna color it?'; ~inkgoddess~';





I put the link to this website below, hope this helps!
White looks fine, but fades fast.


It will need to be touched up more


often than other colors.


Talk with your artist about it.


Think Before You Ink
I think that a white angel is a good choise.....

No comments:

Post a Comment